Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Alis volat suo [GREATEST HITS]

Friday, January 16, 2015

☆ Alis volat suo [GREATEST HITS]

I hope you are enjoying my Greatest Hits series! This is because I am taking January off + I am currently reading a book, sleeping on the couch, swimming at the pool, or painting in the studio....

These are the posts that have inspired, helped, motivated + encouraged my readers. How do I know this?

Because you told me. In emails, comments or links.


Enjoy....

☆ ☆ 

from january 2012

Alis volat suo
Mixed media on canvas
©2012
 Kirstin McCulloch


So this January has me creating a lot of art with wings.

I am slightly obsessed.

I think it is because I like the idea of flying free from all the crap that happened last year.

And, I was also flitting through the pintrest boards and found a tattoo with the words "she flies with her own wings" written in latin -

Alis volat suo.

[the latin according to google translate.]

So simple.

So true.

So what I aspire to do.

Fly with my own wings - a more whimsical way of saying she walks to the beat of her own drum.

I think its time. Time to shake off other peoples wings, and don my own. And perhaps time to get my first bit of body ink!

Anyway, I just love this painting. She immediately went up on my wall (she's approx an A2 size - not sure what that is in cms or inches), but she just totally resonates with me.

So I would love to know if you have been inspired by a tattoo, or art work to change, or act? I would love to know.

P.S she is still on my wall, still resonating and reminding me to set free and fly!

post signature

 photo newslettersignature.png

4 comments :

  1. She's gorgeous! Most people inked are artists some just haven't figured it out yet! Good for you being yourself, flying with your own wings is the only way to go. It weeds out those who don't appreciate what is! Enjoy the flight!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting! I love her big soulful eyes! Gorgeous colors you used too

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is so very lovely, and what a wonderful reminder for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pool Party in GurgaonJanuary 29, 2015 at 11:27 PM

    I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...