Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Hibernate [Illustration Friday]

Monday, October 3, 2011

☆ Hibernate [Illustration Friday]

One of my mantra's this year has been staying present, but lately I have been neglecting it. Ignoring it.

I hear it, that little voice in my head - 'stay present' it whispers, but then I roll over and tell it to shut up. I am too tired, I am too busy. I have been hibernating. Going through the motions, living by route.

Last week Mr Mac's brother was rushed to hospital with what they later found was a brain tumour. They operated and he is now on a long road to recovery. And after days of worrying we are now breathing a little easier.

But the thing that this really brought home to me was life is not to live by route.

I don't want to miss a minute of my girls growing up. I don't want to miss a single moment of love with my husband, I don't want to feel disconnected from family and friends, and I don't want to miss the joy of creating art. I don't want to hibernate.

I will slip up - I'm sure everyone has those days, but I will not let it continue for days, until weeks and months go by.

Hibernate - mixed media ©2011
Have a great week
•*¨*•.¸¸

2 comments :

  1. I have to constantly remind myself the same thing but it's hard. Gorgeous girl to go along with your post. :) She doesn't look like she ever hibernates. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...