Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Divine Colour + Twinkling H2O's[Lifebook 2013]

Monday, August 12, 2013

☆ Divine Colour + Twinkling H2O's[Lifebook 2013]



The lesson that I completed this week was by the inspiring Dion Dior and I was slightly excited to use for the very first time these twinkling H2O's by Luminarte.

I have heard so much about these sparkling water colour's and was so happy to use this weeks lesson as an excuse to by a small sample pack to play with.

(This one was about $20 Australian)

Now if you have never used these before, a word or two of advice.

1. Saturate the pot with water. (+ I mean saturate it!) It doesn't behave like normal water colours, you need to soak it + leave it for 10 to 15 minutes + it kinda melts.

2. Give it a good mix + and use heaps of colour on your brush. Think it's too much - I say use more!! ( a bit like cheese on your pasta - more, much more!)

I didn't and my painting, although nice, wasn't popping with amazing colours!

I went for a blue hue to my painting as that was the colour that spoke to me at that time - something about being creative + using my voice. And the subject we painted was flowers - which I chose my very favourite - Lilies.


I really enjoyed this painting lesson + I loved playing with the shimmering H2O's - although hard to see above, they really shimmer on the page (very cool!).

Have you used H2O's? What tips can you share with the rest of us? I would love to hear your stories.

And by the way, have you had a chance to enter this months give away?? It is so super easy + free to join in. I would love it if you popped on over...


4 comments :

  1. I sooooooooooooo want to try those too! lovely!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lilies are lovely, Kirstin...such pretty hues. I haven't tried twinkling H2O's yet, so I'm happy you gave a few hits about how to use them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... is this from 21 Secrets??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I would love to do that course (21 secrets that is) - it's from Life Book 2013 (Tam Laporte is course leader) x

      Delete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...