Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Creativity + Play with Carla Sonheim [Life Book 2014]

Monday, February 24, 2014

☆ Creativity + Play with Carla Sonheim [Life Book 2014]

Week 3: Creativity + Play with Carla Sonheim

The inspiring Carla Sonheim showed us seven inspiring + creative ways to play artistically.

Simple exercises, but they were so beneficial both artistically and thinking outside my comfort zone.

☆ ☆ 

Exercise One: Continuous Line Drawings.
Do you realise how many times you go to remove your pen from the paper? Neither did I + this was in a very simple way so challenging!!

            




Exercise Two: Drawing A Zebra with you Eyes Closed. 
I almost peeked... so many times! It was difficult to let go with this one, but eventually I made it through one with out opening my eyes. Once I did this one the next was easier.


Exercise Three: Non Dominant hand Drawing.
Using my left hand I drew one of the girls LaLa-Oopsy mermaids. This wasn't as hard for me as I I have been practising writing with my Left hand since I was a teen. (I thought it would be cool to be ambidextrous at 15.... Who am I kidding it would be cool now at 35+!)


Exercise Four: Scrap Paper Flowers.
Using the scraps left over from various mixed media projects, I used some of more unusual shapes + created some flowers.


Exercise Five: Making Poems from a text passage.
From a paragraph that Carla supplied, I cut up every word + made three poems from it. I loved this + I love the poems that came from this exercise. They are a bit dark, but that makes them even better...



Exercise Six: Washi Tape Animals.
Random scraps of Washi Tape stuck to an index card started to form a pattern, and after moving them around a bit this awesome dragonfly emerged.


Exercise Seven: Blob paintings.
I loved, LOVED, this one. How cute are these creatures that emerged from my blobs.  I am going to do more of these, because I think these animals could feature in my paintings in the future!



So there you have it: seven ways to play + create + think outside your comfort zone. Such an awesome lesson!

Have you tried any of these methods before? Do you have other ways of letting go + playing? I would love to hear about your experiments + if you shared with us.

post signature

 photo newslettersignature.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...