Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Creating with Kids [October 2014]

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

☆ Creating with Kids [October 2014]


Since Bean started school, it's been hard to find blocks of time to create with her + Bug. 

Not like we've done in the past anyway.

They often paint on the weekends: We drag out the watercolours and blank paper for them to play. 

But I have missed the one on one, chunks of time + watching their faces as they learn new things.

So I was trying to figure out how to do this with them, when I received an email - one of those 'recommended for you' emails that had Keri Smiths 'Wreck this Journal' in it.

(Yet again the universe speaks to me - via email this time!)

I bought three books. One each for the big girls + me and as soon as they came in the post we started.


"Awesome" says Miss Bean

I adore this book. Adore. It.

I love that we can spend short amounts of time, being creative, being spontaneous, being fun. We don't need special materials, special paints or studio space. All we need is this book.


The other reason I adore this book, is that it pushes my very rule oriented Bean into doing things that make her uncomfortable.  Hell, even I had a problem cracking the spin of my book - this being one of my huge pet peeves!

So if you don't have a huge amount of free time, you have kids and you want to create with them, you should definitely try something like this book.

Do you create with kids? What ideas do you have to create in short bursts of time? We would love to hear your tips + tricks.

post signature

 photo newslettersignature.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...