Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Living in the moment [LIFE BOOK]

Monday, May 12, 2014

☆ Living in the moment [LIFE BOOK]

Week 16 - In the Moment with Traci Bautista

Sometimes it is great to have a lesson that reminds you to live in the moment.

I have this habit of living in the next moment. I think it's because I have been trained from a very early age to be organised.

I was so DISorganised as a child, that I would leave huge assignments (that should have taken weeks to do), until the night before, when all the shops were shut, I would turn up to class with the wrong books, I often left lunch at home, I would forget important details + events.

So to help combat my very disorganised, laissez faire way, my mum bought me a diary + began the process of organising my self.

And I appreciate it so much. I would never be able to do everything I do each week, if I didn't have these skills.

I would most probably be still dreaming of the life I am now living.

But the downside to this organisation skill set, is that when painting, I am so focused on the end result, I often forget to play + be in the moment.

So having Traci Bautista, take us through some different techniques of playing in our journal, was fun + freeing...


I just made some marks on my page with items I had lying around the studio (similar to this post here but with lighter colours) + I love the result.

By the way Traci also has an amazing tutorial on her website on how to make your own stencils + stamps with a hot glue gun.

So why not spend this week just playing + living in the moment?

I hope you had a lovely weekend.

post signature

 photo newslettersignature.png

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...