Week 30: July 25th
I don't know why I thought I was over the hurdles with my winter princess painting.
I suspect that by now you are bored of reading about this painting - I know I am becoming impatiant with her.
So you can see part one + part two of this paintings journey + now on to part three.
As we were away last weekend + have spent the majority of this week catching up, I haven't had a huge amount of time to spend on her, but yesterday I had a cancellation + could spend some quality time on her, so I decided to takle her hair.
But true to form, she wasn't going to make that easy.
Ifinished the changes to her hands - I like these much more that before.
When I started with the bottome layer of white, I hadn't cleaned my brush properly so streaks of aqua came through, and that inspired me to add aqua to her hair in later layers.
Using a combination of white, black, aqua, raw sienna + titan buff, I finished one side of the hair.
The 'ugly' phase of her hair.
After about four hours, this is her hair almost finished.
Since I had the aqua out I finished the details on her earrings.
I liked the eyes originally, but I kept playing with them + stuffed them. But the best thing about acrylics is you can just paint over them again...
Today, I managed to start on the crown.
And this is where I left it for now. I am hoping that tomorrow night, I will have a large chunk of time to finish her off, but more than likely I will be changing her again - there is something bugging me about the sticks in her arms....
I was thinking of changing them to lily's or something...
I think I am in danger of never finishing this painting!!
Have a great weekend.