Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Friday Art [Whale's Song]

Friday, May 3, 2013

☆ Friday Art [Whale's Song]

Thankfully this week wasn't as crazy as last week, so I was happily shut away in my studio yesterday for as long as the wee beastie would let me.

Now that she is four months old, I don't have quite as much time to myself while she sleeps, but luckily I have two really good chunks of time, while she sleeps, before I have to pick up her sisters from school.

Anyway, I have had this idea for a painting for a while, a painting of a girl sitting against a wall that had a mural on in. but I wasn't keen on painting a brick wall - the level of detail that would require, well, lets just say painting bricks is for me like counting the leaves on a tree, not fun at all.

So I was on pinterest (And who doesn't like a good pinterest session) and I was reminded of the modge podge transfer method. So I found my brick wall and glued it down, and the next day I rubbed it off.

And I loved the result - It isn't perfect, but some how I managed to achieve the rustic, falling down wall, and fading mural that I wanted.

I love when a something just goes as planned!

'Whale's Song'

Have you tried a creative technique that went just as it was supposed to? Have you had a disaster? I would love to hear your tale!

By the way have you had a chance to enter this months give away? It is free to enter + so easy to do so.


Make sure you pop back Monday - there is another wonderfully creative soul featured. And if you are interested in being featured - I would love to feature you! Here are more details for you

Have a great weekend



[LINKING TO PAINT PARTY FRIDAY]

18 comments :

  1. What a great idea! The wall is wonderful (and so are your girl and the whales)! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your transfer works so well ~ I am not very successful at that ~ Wonderful painting with your beautiful big eyed girl ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for transferring the wall pattern! The whale mural looks great. Beautiful painting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art always makes me feel good. Bring happiness and a smile to my face.
    As for have disaster art days, if you are a true artist you will always have those days. Also as a true artist you put them away and begin again. That is part of the fun too.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - I think this is my new favourite piece of yours. I don't know about this modge podge method but what a clever idea - the wall looks amazing! So love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the whole concept of this fab mixed media piece of art.
    Happy PPF, Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your brick wall background!! Of course I love the whole painting :) I'd never heard of that method you described. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The manga girl and this piece of work is absolutely fantastic!! =) I love her look in the eyes and the lovely wall behind!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the modge podge effect did work a treat and i like the finished result very much... great piece of work...xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful work of art, I love how you always make the girls so funky and fashionable. Your brick was is a very happy accident!! Good job!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. So yeah, I think you have been perfect, no one would say that the wall we've done your hehehe, I like the result is fun and imaginative. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work is fantastic. I love all of your girls. I don't know how you did the wall but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful again! I love how the whales are a bit transparant .... Have to look up that modge podge transfer method.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fun piece...great idea for the wall. repetition of bricks doesn't sound all that fun. Lovely sweet girl as always! happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your painting is wonderful! No tales of failure or success from me. It's been years since I was creative. However, I did recently buy some pastels on a whim. I've never really used them before, but they called to me. Something about the tactile experience. Can't wait to get started. Maybe I'll draw a whale.

    Happy Sharefest. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job!! Super cool technique for the wall - I wouldn't want to paint all those bricks either. . . The whales truly look faded with age - LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the sweet, peaceful expression on those whales!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...