Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Wild [Commissioned Piece Finished]

Friday, December 14, 2012

☆ Wild [Commissioned Piece Finished]

I have been a little quiet this week - no wee beastie news yet but I have been holed up in my studio. 

Remember that commissioned piece I was working on? 

Well I have finished + have had final approval, so I thought I would finish the final painting here.

Wild [commission piece sold]
I loved painting this one, although the strawberry blonde hair gave me a few head aches. I don't really paint blonde haired girls, and now I know why!

Strawberry blonde is not just yellow, or brown or flesh, or white. It is all of these, as well as some olive and red, and black, and pink. And yes I googled it!

At one stage I didn't ever think it would come together, I just kept layering + layering, but in the end I am really happy about it. And so is my friend, which is the main thing isn't it!

I am also very excited this week cause, I sold two other paintings this week:

Bird Song
You are Amazing. Always


Both of which are on their way to their new homes. Thank you so much Kyles + Sam - I hope you enjoy them.

I also wanted to extend a warm welcome my new readers + thank you to those who have been with me from the very first. I never really pay much attention to how many people have joined me in celebrating living the life I have always dreamed, but I my friend pointed out that there are well over 100 people. Thanks guys x 

I hope you have a great weekend, I have a last minute sewing projects + cookies on my agenda + yes, I know, I really should have started these in July not the weekend before Christmas!










54 comments :

  1. I really like "You are amazing always."
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - She was one of my favourites too x

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on finishing the commissioned work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats with finishing your commissioned work kirstin. And I love this painting very much. Beutiful the color of her hair. It's amazing work again.
    lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did the strawberrry blonde beautifully, really lovely! Congrats on your sales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne - I was so excited with the sales! x

      Delete
  5. Amazing hair! Well done on selling some of your artwork. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pieces - congratulations on your sales!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work- you did an amazing job with the strawberry blonde! And congrats on your sales!
    Happy PPF,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your strawberry blonde girl is beautiful, congrats! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's absolutely stunning! I love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda look, with the wind hair looks great. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on all the sales! Her hair is magnificent! It flows and the eye just follows! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous wild girl! Congratulations on the sold work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely paintings!
    Congratulations on finishing your commission!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous paintings and congratulations on your sales. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your sweet paintings! Congrats on selling your paintings! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your two sales and finishing your commissioned piece ~ they are all wonderful ~ love the eyes and character of each piece ~

    (A Creative Harbor) aka artmusedog and Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful about the commissioned piece and selling your paintings. Beautiful eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That strawbery blonde is fantastic!!! Of course i love the big soulful eyes too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your sales! That's wonderful! I love your strawberry blonde, she's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a great painting. I love strawberry blonde hair, you have done a great job on it, no wonder you friend was pleased :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like this a lot, your friend will be thrilled her gift, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just beautiful paintings - love the strawberry blond hair. Congratulations on your sales. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  23. congrats on the commission! she is a beauty

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your welcome Kirstin. I can't wait to open my Christmas present to myself. This commission piece is beautiful. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kristin...your strawberry blonde looks absolutely gorgeous and I specially love her green gown...she makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Wild! You really nailed the hair. It's perfect! I also love the background colors. Pink and green are Heart colors...good for loving Self and others. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations about your commission. It's beautiful and you obviously put a lot of thought and research into it. I had no idea how many colors went into strawberry blond hair!! Happy belated Paint Party Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful to have been commissioned! Charming art!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your work is wonderful - as always!! Glad to see your work is getting new loving homes!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amazing work!!! As always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yes, I agree, the hair turned out quite well. The whole painting is spectacular. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...