Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Granpa

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

☆ Granpa

G'pa and Me at my 21st birthday

Last week marked the seventh anniversary of my granpas passing, a man who had filled my childhood with stories and adventures, my teens with dreams and possibilities, and my early adulthood with understanding and guidance. He was a man who  was held in high esteem by every one who knew him - in fact to know him was to love him, and seven years on there is still a gaping hole in my life and in my heart.

There are so many stories to tell, fond memories to share - he was larger than life really. He always had story to tell, a letter to write or a song to sing, and they always seemed to illustrate a point he was trying to make - often to a strong minded, stubborn grand daughter. He believed that you could be anyone, do anything, and that there was no such word as impossible - in fact impossible was actually 'I'm possible' if you inserted an apostrophe!

I miss his wisdom, his unwavering support, his love and his unfailing belief in me…

I could use some of this when the black clouds of self doubt roll in.  And I can only hope that I can impart a 10th of his wisdom and spirit to our girls.

I miss you…

xx

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...