Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ ATC's August

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

☆ ATC's August

Augusts ATC theme for the willowing swap was famous paintings.

Now there are hundreds of famous paintings that have inspired me. I was obsessed with pop art in my teens, especially Roy Lichtenstein's work, I have always loved the impressionists, the surrealists, and manga/ comic art.

So choosing two paintings to base this months ATC's on was a slight challenge.

In the end I went with Van Gogh's The Starry Night and Botticelli's The Birth of Venus

Both have a special memory for me.

Starry Night is one of the first prints I ever bought and I have it hanging still today in my studio. I can stare at this one for ages. And dream...

Water colour on background
 When we travelled through Europe on our mature-age gap year, Mr Mac and I went to the Uffizi gallery in Florence, and although the line to see David was almost a half day long, there was no such wait to see this amazing painting. And for a good 15 minutes, I just stood and looked.

Promarkers
I never noticed though, how tired she looked, until I did this ATC!

What famous paintings inspire you? What memories do they evoke?

Have a great day.


•*¨*•.¸¸

1 comment :

  1. Yeah! Your choices were great! :) Love what you came up with. No doubt the swap partner will enjoy them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...