Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Paint over Technique [Lifebook week 9]

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

☆ Paint over Technique [Lifebook week 9]

This was a very quick lesson this week for Lifebook - a bonus lesson from Danita.

It's a paint over technique, where you pull out a picture from a magazine, newspaper etc, gesso it + paint over it.

And its a fun little thing to do when your stumped creatively or when you only have a short amount of time when you can be creative.

I would imagine it would be a really cool techniques to use in journal pages or as background for collages.

In my image you can see there are places where the original image is poking through. Which I think adds to the depth + layers on the page.

I think I will keep it in my tool box of ideas to jump start those weeks where the painting is stilted + the ideas are not fresh.

Do you have those weeks? Weeks where nothing works? How would you jump start your creativity? I would love it if you shared with us.




P.S I hope you all had a fabulous Easter + are you experiencing a huge sugar crash today? I am suffering from an over stuffing of food in general - no more food for me this week, I am sure I ate my weekly caloric allowance in the last three days! x

4 comments :

  1. She's gorgeous.... I've done this Life Book lesson and loved it!

    Just getting rid of the blank page (anyhow!) helps me!!!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is lovely! I never would have thought of this on my own. It would probably help me get over my fear of faces too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oversized eyes are so much prettier I never considered the difference until I saw this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! You did a great job on this lesson!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...