Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Dolls [inspiration avenue]

Sunday, March 25, 2012

☆ Dolls [inspiration avenue]

Did you have a favourite doll growing up? One that you took every where, slept with, or dressed and undressed 10 times a day?

I wasn't really a doll child. I had the odd dolls of course, but I was more a stuffed toy kinda gal. I had my Tiffee and my very ratty panda!

I was the kind of girl who wanted a pound puppy rather than a cabbage patch doll. (Is it just me or are they slightly freaky?)

My sister, on the other hand, was a doll girl, with her 'Snuggles', a sweet smelling baby with her blonde hair matted and tangled. Her Snuggles was her constant companion.

You may ask why the reminiscing? And why dolls? Well, this week the Inspiration Avenue prompt was doll.

A very cool prompt with huge ideas, but this week I found I struggled with the actual painting.

I struggle with liking this image I came up with, part of me thinks - 'cute!' the other half of me thinks - 'meh'. There is something about this image that confounds me...

Anyway, today I was working on another painting and I noticed that these girls were very doll like in their baldness! So before I added hair I took a photo.

Maybe dolls in progress?

If you have a moment pop on over to the inspiration avenue website to check out the entries.

Have a great week


5 comments :

  1. I really like the painting of the dolls. I agree the Cabbage Patch dolls were quite weird, but then sometimes weird is also wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For being a pound puppy kind of gal, you draw some pretty fabulous dolls. I see them every week and love them. No different this week, although this week they are darling little dolls. Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your painting of the dolls. Thanks for sharing them. They are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dolls. The ruffled skirt and striped stockings tickle my fancy.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...