Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Vintage Photography [inspiration avenue]

Sunday, March 18, 2012

☆ Vintage Photography [inspiration avenue]

This weeks inspiration avenue prompt was such fun! 

I had so many ideas to illustrate the vintage photography prompt.

But in the end, I went with this!

Her hair became a slightly 1970's style instead of the one I had originally sketched, but I liked it.

If you have a moment pop over to the inspiration avenue website to see the other entries!

Also don't forget that my monthly give away is now  open - but only until Tuesday.

It's super easy to enter and you can win a wee canvas with its own easel.


I hope you had a great weekend.




11 comments :

  1. Oh, I love your ladies so much. Such a sweet picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming and fun submission! She has such a great expression and I do love that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic, Kirstin! Seriously. When I saw this painting in my blog reader this morning I had to stop by & let you know how much I love this! I love the way she is framed and the theme suits your beautiful style! I think it would be amazing for you to do an entire series this way :)

    xo
    Kristin

    p.s. From the look of this painting, I would say the "March blahs" are definitely over!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristin! A series is a great idea - I hadn't thought about it, but I am definitely going to now (thanks for the idea!). Yep March blahs seem to have moved on - thank goodness! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment x

      Delete
  4. Oh Kirstin, I think this is a gorgeous entry for IA. So retro, too. I like how you used tape (please tell me you didn't draw the tape, too!) to accent the frame. Simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! No I didn't draw the tape! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I love the retro look of your painting. She has the 70s flipped-back Farrah Fawcett style :) So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie - I thought it was very Farrah too!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog, your submission to IA is lovely. Vintage photography was a great idea of Shel's. Hope to see you around our parts again!
    Best,
    Jenn of www.JustAddWaterSilly.com
    (IA member)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn - you are most welcome! It was a great topic this week wasn't it. Very inspiring x

      Delete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...