Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Mean Pirates [+ pirate hat pattern freebie]

Friday, March 30, 2012

☆ Mean Pirates [+ pirate hat pattern freebie]

The Mean Pirates of Casa de Mac
My girls have been playing a new game with their friends called 'Mean Pirates'.


Now I am not 100% sure what Mean Pirates is about, or how it came to be, but I know you have to pull mean faces and growl 'ahhhhg'

And its funny, I mean its rolling on the floor funny to watch these 3 year olds, running around pulling mean pirate faces and behaving how they think mean pirates should act. 

Some times they are Mean Princess Pirates (of course!) which is even funnier because some one has to be in a high tower.



So one day when I asked the girls what they wanted to do that day, they decided they wanted to play Mean Pirates with their very own Mean Pirate hats, and Mean Pirate patches.


And I was procrastinating. I mean I could clean the house (Bleah) or make pirate hats.... tough choice. 


And of course you can't just make a pirate hat out of cardboard. It'll be trashed before the glue dries (well in my house hold it would have been!), and I had just been sorting out some fabric, and found a heap of felt, I had bought for christmas gift that never eventuated.


Casa de Mac now has two very cute, very mean pirates (some times princess pirates) who terrorise our halls and bedrooms.   (and if I have to watch Peter Pan again I might walk the plank myself!)

So I thought I would share with you guys the pattern I used to make it (so simple) and some basic instructions to go with it.

Click HERE

I would love to know if you've made your own version of the Mean Pirate hat. I would to see your versions.

And as this is the first tutorial I have really written, let me know if you have any questions.

Have a great weekend - don't forget to practise your mean pirate faces!





No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...