Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ No One Ever Told Me....[no. 36]

Monday, August 20, 2012

☆ No One Ever Told Me....[no. 36]

aka 'Teacher' [an illustration friday prompt]
The Mermies Child
CURRENTLY FOR SALE HERE

When I first bought Bean home from the hospital, there were many things that I thought my role as a mama would be.

I knew that I would be a mama, a healer, a hugger, a cheerleader, a consoler, a protector.... the list is endless really.

But what no one ever told me was that in essence I was to be the most important teacher that my girls would ever have.

That life was going to be our class rooms, and the lessons would be every minute of every day.

I, my husband, my extended family are all teachers of our children. 

We teach them many of life's lessons, right from wrong, to be kind and patient. To be the best they can be - always.

And I know it is a cliche, but no one ever told me that it takes a tribe to raise a child.

And most days I am thankful for the tribe that surround my girls, 'cause sometimes the responsibility of raising my precious beasties is over whelming. [and sometimes they are just....well they are just feral beasties and then I am doubly thankful for the support!]

What was the greatest lesson that you were taught by your teachers? Be they conventional school teachers, mentors, or other inspiring people in your life.



2 comments :

  1. Hey Kirstin, this artwork is adorable. Your artwork arrived yesterday and I so love it. I've put it on a shelf in my studio to inspire me. You should sell these littlies on your etsy site. I'm sure they'd sell well.
    I'm a mother of 3 so I totally relate to your post.
    Hugs,
    Kyles xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so please she arrived (I am always worried aust. post will lose them!) Funnily enough I had the same thought about selling them earlier this week! They are so fun to paint too!
    Kirst x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...