Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ SURPRISE [a lillibean designs spotlight]

Thursday, August 16, 2012

☆ SURPRISE [a lillibean designs spotlight]

SURPRISE
Original available for sale here
8.3 x 5.8" (210 x 148 mm), mixed media acrylic.


I would love to one day wake up with my own set of wings.

And because I am not totally living in fantasy land, I know that if I want my own wings, they I will have to tattoo them on.

And while I am totally ok with having wings as a tattoo, I am equally hesitant - I can't imagine being ninety with my own wings tattoo. 

But on the other hand, exactly who is going to be seeing my naked back at ninety, except of course Mr Mac? (because he and I have a pact that he can't die before me....)

And maybe the grand kids will remember me as cool granny K with the wrinkly wings?

So out of this internal debate came this painting - 'Surprise' was inspired by the idea that one day I might sprout my own wings.

'Surprise' is a mixed media original painting on quality water colour paper. (a collaged instructional paper base, acrylic paint and graphite pencil.) 

The painting is 8.3 x 5.8" (210 x 148 mm) and will slide easily into a standard sized frame with out alteration. 


Surprise is available from my Etsy shop - LilliBean Designs.


In other news, the Mac tribe is going to be expanding in the new year. Wee Beastie Mac's eta is New Years Eve (well timed I know!) but we are all super excited!

Have a great day





2 comments :

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Oh, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather - we are so excited (now that we are over the shock!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...