Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Diva [inspiration avenue]

Sunday, February 19, 2012

☆ Diva [inspiration avenue]

Divas
©2012 Kirstin McCulloch
This weeks challenge at inspiration avenue combined with the death of one of the greatest divas Whitney, had me thinking that these days there are all kinds of divas.

My daughters are divas, they prance and pout and twirl and sing, demanding beasties that they are! They are cute divas!

But I think these days we have two types of divas - we have 'classier' divas - like Beyonce, Adele, J Lo, and then our fifteen minutes of fame reality TV star divas.

I know which I would rather my kids have a role models.

My inspiration this week was found in the toy department of Target. I think Bratz are the divas of the plastic fantastic world of 6" dolls. And I am resigned to the fact that these dolls (which I am not all that fond of), will some day make there way into our play room.  And to be honest I am not all that fond of my painting - perhaps because I didn't really like the inspiration I chose?

So this is my Diva's. Make sure you pop on over to inspiration avenue to see what the other participants chose.

OK, time to move on.


11 comments :

  1. I think your inspiration is rather clever - those Bratz dolls are a bit diva-ish! Love the big soulful eyes you've painted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can tell I'm not a mother, because I have never HEARD of these Bratz dolls before. Obviously, they don't show up in the pet section of my favorite toy store (grin). I think you are a fantastic artist. Not knowing who they are, I am very impressed with the images you have created. Great hair, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Elizabeth I think they would make a great pets toy. A dogs chew toy maybe? Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  3. Oh I recognized those Bratz dolls right away! Your paintings are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best thing about Bratz is their big eyes...
    I love your paintings...and your post.
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa - I think that is the best thing too. I love their big eyes. Thanks for stopping in x

      Delete
  5. I like your paintings much better than the dolls that inspired them. The Diva Challenge was fun wasn't it?

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darla! I really enjoyed the challenge of the divas x

      Delete
  6. The one on the left has got to be Kim Kardashian--at least that's who she reminds me of. I've just discovered your marvelous art and your great blog, and am so happy about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...