Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Suspense [illustration friday]

Monday, February 6, 2012

☆ Suspense [illustration friday]

The suspense is just killing me
Acrylic mixed media in journal.
©2012
 Kirstin McCulloch

Are you one of those story tellers, that has people hanging of their every word? Where you spin a story so well, that you have people squirming in their seats with the suspense or rolling on the floor with laughter?

I'm not - not really. I get distracted, I ramble, I forget parts of the story and then try to add them in at the wrong time, I laugh at the punch line before the end. Nope - I am no good at spinning a yarn - even my essays at school had red arrows all over them because point a should be with point d and point e should be before point b.

So I guess I am lucky that my burning desire is to paint, and not to write that life changing novel (although at one stage I thought maybe that was where my creative passion lay!)

So if you are one of the lucky ones, some one who can capture people with a story how about you share your tips on how to spin a great yarn - god know I could do with some!

Have a great week




P.S - Tomorrow's post is February's give away post. Make sure you visit and you could be in the running to win an original piece of art from me (it is sooo easy to enter and takes two seconds!)

7 comments :

  1. Lovely character, so much personality! Love her hairstyle. I am also horrible about telling stories in person. I usually pick stories that are either only interesting to me, or I leave out key details. I have a bit more luck in writing, thank goodness. (Well, usually!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks for visiting Cindy - and thank you as always for your lovely comments!

      Delete
  2. I love your Illustration Friday piece! It makes me wonder what's going to happen next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thought - you have totally inspired me to perhaps do a follow up piece?

      Delete
  3. Great illustration... you don't need to write when you can tell a whole story in a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful illustration. Ditto what Courtney said AND/BUT I think you'd write a great book too. Your charming writing above is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...