Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ Storm - AEDM Day 26

Monday, November 26, 2012

☆ Storm - AEDM Day 26

Just a quick post today. I was lucky to have a few hours in the studio today. I had two very tired little girls, who didn't want to do much else but hang out in the town pool, or rest in front of the TV. A combination of a big weekend + the heat I suspect.

But that meant I was able to finish off my painting from yesterday..
STORM - AVAILABLE FOR SALE
I named this one Storm - I guess because the colours + her hair reminded me of these freaky storms we used to have in the summer when I lived in Sydney. I assume the pollution had something to do with the colours in the sky, but I remember a sky bathed in yellow, before a particularly nasty storm.

I also started a few back grounds, on some card stock left over from Mr Mac's + my wedding invites. (I have been hanging onto them for six years now, trying to decide what to do with them!)

 And today I wondered what they would be like to create some thing on. So far the hold the gel medium and layers of paper + paint really well. Which is quite exciting to find out.

So who know what will be on these tomorrow. I will paint as I almost always do, where my pencil takes me on the day!

Have you checked out the christmas tag swap I am hosting? Closing date for sign ups is fast approaching - check out more details here

Have a great day



6 comments :

  1. She is delightful ~ very creative and expressive ~ lover her name ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^ on Blogger ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an expression and always so creative Kirstin. Love this lady of course too.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am glad I popped in to visit you today as your work is gorgeous. Love the energy and the colors, especially.

    I know how it is to create with little ones underfoot... I always attempt to do what's best for them without sacrificing too much of the ME. You know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie - I totally know what you mean, finding the balance between them + finding time for me is so difficult some days!

      Thank you so much for popping in + taking the time to leave such lovely comments! x

      Delete
  4. I love this so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...