Google+ LISTENING TO THE SQUEAK INSIDE art by Kirstin McCulloch of LilliBean Designs: ☆ ANGEL [inspiration avenue]

Friday, November 30, 2012

☆ ANGEL [inspiration avenue]

Angel
I had so much fun with this weeks prompt. I love winged things, and angels are one of my favourite subjects to paint. And this one came together so easily, I was done before I realised it.

Can you believe this is the last day of November? I again, it was done before I realised it. As is AEDM for another year. And although Leah from creative everyday has monthly prompts, I rarely remember to join in, which is a shame because there are so many creative members who join her on her monthly journeys.

But this year it was so much easier to participate, and I think this was due to several things.

1. I gave myself permission not to create if I didn't want to - which meant it wasn't a chore, and I wanted to, needed to do something daily.

2. My brothers wedding wasn't smack bang at the start of the month, derailing me from the word go. (although that was a party I wouldn't have missed for anything!!)

+ 3. I didn't feel the need to finish everything daily. I allowed myself to breathe + live with the painting rather than just churn it out. Which means I didn't feel like I had cheated myself + just painted by route, I actually let myself enjoy each painting.

So tomorrow I will post my final weekly round up for AEDM, + I thought I would try + put together a collage of all my finished pieces, so you can see them all together.

Did you participate in AEDM this year? How did you go? I would love to know you feelings now that the month is over...

On to another subject, and my Christmas Tag Swap sign up was due to close tomorrow, but I decided to give you the weekend to finish, weighing up the pros + cons. So Monday morning (Australian EST) the very first Listen to the Squeak Christmas Tag swap, will be closing to participants.

Thank you to every one who has signed up so far, I am very excited + have almost finished my tag off.

Want to join in? Click on the image below:


Have a great weekend.





Check out the other talent artists participating:

52 comments :

  1. Adorable! Gotta love it when your muse is flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning love this artwork and love your style ! Greetings, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your work - She's gorgeous and even though it is normally the eyes that totally captivate me, she looks stunning with hers closed!
    I'd love to do the tag swap but I've packed up most of my art supplies for our big move so am going to have to pass until we get settled in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nic - It's a shame you are unable to join us - I think it will be heaps of fun, but I am definitely thinking this could be a yearly swap, so there is always next year! Hope the move goes well x

      Delete
  4. Lovely angel!
    That is one of my favorite color palettes...the triad of secondary colors.
    Your gold, green and violets complement each other wonderfully!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work, she is so very cute. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so beautiful-love your painting style! happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! She looks so sweet and calm. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a beautiful color combo, beautiful work,

    ReplyDelete
  9. sweet, beautiful angel with a very interesting palette. I love your colors. My fave part of her is her luscious mouth! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely piece to finish AEDM with and how appropriate as Advent starts tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is slightly synchronistic isn't it! Thanks for popping in x

      Delete
  11. I particularly like your sweet angel this week. She looks like she is lost in thought, dreaming of something wonderful. -Terri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work! And good for you for making the challenge work for you. I love when we can give ourselves permission to create in a way that works for us. Breathing room. Ahhh! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks Leah - and thank you so much for organising such a fabulous challenge x

      Delete
  13. Hooray for setting new guidelines for yourself so you would enjoy this year's aedm so much more!

    I love the expression on her face... and the wings, naturally.

    Happy AEDM. Wasn't it fantastic? Glad to find your post today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Julie - I had such fun this year. Thanks for stopping in x

      Delete
  14. What a sweet serene little angel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy to have met your through AEDM. :) I completed 30 scarpbook layouts and I´m still scrapping! Enjoying the momentum while it lasts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - that is an amazing accomplishment - congratulations! I am happy to have met you too x

      Delete
  16. LOVE #3! AND your work. Absolutely breathtaking! Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the captivating expression on her face ... she seems, like you, to have found peace. Your art is wonderful. You are indeed very talented.

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea - I think on that day I was feeling very at peace! x

      Delete
  18. Love your angel... she seems pure, as an angel should. This year has gone too fast...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - I agree where has the year gone?? EEK x

      Delete
  19. Your angel is adorable. love her eyelashes. Very healthy way to look at a challenge, I might have to adopt your attitude next time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I don't think I could have done AEDM this year with out relaxing a bit. There is too much going on this year! x

      Delete
  20. She's lovely! I'm so glad you joined in on our IA challenge. Her little wings are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou Anne - I really enjoyed this weeks IA challenge x

      Delete
  21. Beautiful work! Your style... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a sweet little face! love the details and stars :oD

    ReplyDelete
  23. She's wonderful! I can't wait to see all the pieces together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to leave me a comment. I love hearing your ideas and thoughts. I will often respond to your comments here, so please check back for a response. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...